OpenFLIXR 2.0 hardware requirements

The following specs are guidelines for different kind of use cases

Heavy OpenFLIXR users (people with large libraries, download lots of stuff, uses PMS for transcoding, using the full potential of OpenFLIXR):

VM: 8-12GB RAM, 4vCPU.
Host: 16GB RAM, i5->i7, SSD with minimum 120 GB free disk space (100GB for VM)

Regular OpenFLIXR users (medium/large libraries, download respectfully but not extreme, uses PMS for transcoding, most features used)

VM: 8GB RAM, 2-4vCPU
Host: 12GB RAM, i5, SSD with minimum 120 GB free disk space (100GB for VM)

Casual OpenFLIXR users (small/medium libraries, downloads occasionally, PMS largely used for direct play, uses a couple of OpenFLIXR features)

VM: 4GB RAM, 2vCPU
Host: 8GB RAM, i3-i5, SSD with minimum 120 GB free disk space (100GB for VM)

Minimum (just to have a look and play around)

VM: 3GB RAM, 2vCPU
Host: 8GB RAM, i3, SSD with minimum 120 GB free disk space (100GB for VM)

No results for this poll

Comments

• Recommended hypervisor? 
  • aron7676 said:
    Recommended hypervisor? 
    VMWare, it's the platform I develop on. But either hypervisor should work fine, usually the only issue hardware wise is the virtual network adapter name which is easily fixed.  
  • There's no recommended hypervisor anymore from OpenFLIXR 2.0 onwards, any supported Hypervisor will do.

• Are there any more current recommendations? I would like to pick up a NUC or ZOTAC box or something small and energy efficient that only runs OpenFLIXR by itself. I have Plex Server running on an nVidia Shield TV, so I don't even need transcoding and conversion, just the management of searching, downloading, torrent/newsgroups, moving files around, etc. Thanks!