We're trying out using Discord. Check the thread for the link. These forums will continue to operate as normal.

What feature would you like to see first

I'm working on a lot of things, but what I'd like to know, what feature would you like to see first added to OpenFLIXR?
Let your vote count!

Next feature
  1. What feature should be added first36 votes
    1. VPN support
      52.78%
    2. Plex authentication (https://github.com/hjone72/PlexAuth)
      25.00%
    3. LazyLibrarian
        8.33%
    4. Filebot integration with Torrents
        8.33%
    5. Snapcast (https://github.com/badaix/snapcast)
        5.56%
    6. Airplay (https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync)
        0.00%

Comments

• Airplay & LazyLibrarian would be awesome but VPN support is a must

• I'd like to see snapcast, i can implement it in my Mopidy config.
    This way i can run snapcast on openflixr instead of my Raspberry Pi

• Hello all guys,

I would know if it's possible to integrate also for guys like me that not using usenet the JDOWNLOADER. The integration with my.jdownloader.com it's quite easy and now it's possible to configure it also in headless mode.

Cheers,
    Val.

• Possible intergration for Emby server would be much appreciated.
  • Plex Remote Transcoder with a gui! Would love this so much, see the nodes and their load on a webui instead of having to ssh in.
  • an option for Transmission client would be awesome. I tried to give qtbittorrent a chance but I'm really not fond of it's inability to bond to one specific adapter (at least I haven't found a good way of doing it) and lack of API support and being forced to use torrent watch folders with certain apps leaves me missing Transmission. Not to mention the interface isn't as a good as Transmission, I have to make my interactions in between refreshes which is highly annoying. I know for most setups it's probably just a preference thing but having an option like Nzget or Sonarr would make me a very happy camper. Another thing I miss about Transmission was the ability to use a Chrome plugin to monitor downloads, at home or remotely. I never found an equivalent with qtBittorrent.
  • Amazon cloud drive configuration! 
  • edited January 2017
    New Here, used to do everything via docker with traefik.io as reverse proxy. I used to use Plex but then switched to Emby. Now because I found out about Openflixr I'm switching back to Plex. (I'm running Unraid). 

The only things that I keep running in Docker at the moment are:
    Nextcloud and TVHeadend. I suspect TVHeadend is not worth putting into OpenFLIXR, but Nextcloud would be super awesome. Even more when it would be integrated via users/webinterface/filepaths. 

https://github.com/nextcloud
  • I stumbled across Madsonic Music Streamer today and it looks pretty sweet! This would be a cool addition!

http://beta.madsonic.org

• Could you add Emby media server support?
  • Any updates on VPN support?
  • More specifically, downloading services bound to a VPN and the other services such as Plex be on a "normal" network. 
  • Bug fixes and a new working image on 1.6 or greater.
  • Meaning a fresh image that works out of box. The current issues in 1.0.0 (OVA) -> 1.0.6 upgrade have made it difficult to get a working box.

* Plex server does not start on a fresh image before or after upgrade
    * Ombi.exe does not download and is missing
    * DNS for local networks is broken when specifying an internal server with static IP
    * Couch, PlexPy, and Sickrage do not integrate properly on a fresh image
    * DNS issues cause drives to not be mounted on a fresh install upgraded
    * Unfortunately a host of other issues. I really do appreciate this product and I've used all these technologies separately before. But I'm wondering if a recent update broke something or if the dev has done a fresh install recently to see the current issue. And if he has, if he could share in a wiki or such the steps to fix these multiple little issues would be very helpful. <3
  • tagwolf said:
    Bug fixes and a new working image on 1.6 or greater.

• Feature request: Radarr as a couchpotato replacement :-)
  • Feature request: tt-rss
  • Feature Request: PlexTogether + OpenHAB

PlexTogether would allow you to sync playback with friends and their plex clients.
    OpenHAB is another piece of software to manage home automation IoT devices.

• edited September 2017
    • PlexTogether won't happen because it's a third party service which sends data between all connected devices and your server. Brrrrrr
    • OpenHAB I find redundant since HomeAssistant is already there (and lightweight, fast, and super supported).
    • I don't think tt-rss is something that OpenFLIXR would benefit from.
    • Madsonic is not something I'm currently exploring (or any other similar projects) because Plex is quite good with music nowadays.
    • Amazon cloud drive is useless, it's a cat and mouse game to keep it working.
    • Emby probably won't happen because OpenFLIXR is entirely Plex based, but you might never know what will happen in the future.
    • Plex authentication won't happen after all because I want a reliable private solution.

Sorry if I disappoint you, but I'm just realistic :) 

• Radarr will come in OpenFLIXR 2.0
    • Nexcloud will come in OpenFLIXR 2.0
    • VPN Server will come in OpenFLIXR 2.0
    • Plex Media server will install the first time you boot in OpenFLIXR 2.0

About some other stuff mentioned in this thread:
    • Ombi.exe does not download and is missing (fixed in 1.7)
    • DNS for local networks is broken when specifying an internal server with static IP (I will look into this, never heard of this one)
    • Couch, PlexPy, and Sickrage do not integrate properly on a fresh image (I need more info, no idea what you mean)
    • DNS issues cause drives to not be mounted on a fresh install upgraded (Again, I Need more info)
    • Unfortunately a host of other issues. (I'm very interested in that host of issues you're talking about, something seems off in your installation)
  • Any ETA of 2.0? 

• edited September 2017
    There isn’t an ETA. it’s done when it’s done. But a guesstimate is in fewer than 4 weeks. (When image is done there will be a short private beta test, I need to fix bugs discovered there, I need to create images etc.) it’s quite a lot of work actually ;)
  • There isn’t an ETA. it’s done when it’s done. But a guesstimate is in fewer than 4 weeks. (When image is done there will be a short private beta test, I need to fix bugs discovered there, I need to create images etc.) it’s quite a lot of work actually ;)
    Take your time :) you are doing a grate job
  • OpenFLIXR 2.0 will be released October 20th.
    I'm pretty sure any DNS issues are resolved, Nextcloud didn't cut it but Syncthing is re-introduced (better suited for OpenFLIXR I think). One thing I'm still working on but probably won't be in OpenFLIXR 2.0 on release date is VPN support (Server / Client). Am still working on a universal solution. (but there's enough to keep you guys busy for the time being :) )
  • Thank you for still considering and continuing to implement  VPN. I hope to be able to use Private Internet Access in OpenFLIXR 2.0 in the future. Provided everything is worked out.
  • Agreed with others about the desirability of VPN.  Given the direction ISPs are heading with the desire to throttle traffic based on destination, those of us accessing usenet and other sites will likely be directly impacted in the near future if net neutrality rules change. <get on a soap box> I have never had problems with paying for the bandwidth I use, just ask my cell phone provider, but I do take issue with ISPs making choices on access for me (by throttling)<get off soap box>