Join us on Discord! We now have an official Discord server for OpenFLIXR: https://discord.gg/PcCErTQ , these forums will continue to operate as normal.

(SOLVED) Fresh install + update 2.9 : 3 Services not executing

Did a fresh install of 2.0. Ran setup without entering any info, just confirmed "Next". Then did Sudo updateopenflixr. Let it so the automated full system update and ended up with OpenFlixr 2.9.

After letting the system run idle for about one hour, I checked Monit. Here I see this:

Ubooquity Connection failed | Execution failed

Sonarr Execution failed | Does not exist

redis Execution failed | Does not exist

All other services are OK. Let's start with Sonarr. The error I find is this:

[openflixr@openflixr ~]# /usr/sbin/service sonarr start
[openflixr@openflixr ~]# /usr/sbin/service sonarr status
● sonarr.service - Sonarr Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/sonarr.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2019-03-19 23:39:02 CET; 1s ago
 Main PID: 32609 (mono)
    Tasks: 7 (limit: 3529)
   CGroup: /system.slice/sonarr.service
           └─32609 /usr/bin/mono /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe -nobrowser

Mar 19 23:39:02 openflixr systemd[1]: Started Sonarr Daemon.
Mar 19 23:39:03 openflixr mono[32609]: Press enter to exit...
[openflixr@openflixr ~]# /usr/sbin/service sonarr status
● sonarr.service - Sonarr Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/sonarr.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2019-03-19 23:39:06 CET; 44s ago
  Process: 32692 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe -nobrowser (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 32692 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 19 23:39:06 openflixr systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Mar 19 23:39:06 openflixr systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Mar 19 23:39:06 openflixr systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Mar 19 23:39:06 openflixr systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Mar 19 23:39:06 openflixr systemd[1]: Stopped Sonarr Daemon.
Mar 19 23:39:06 openflixr systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Mar 19 23:39:06 openflixr systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Mar 19 23:39:06 openflixr systemd[1]: Failed to start Sonarr Daemon.

Any suggestions on where to start looking ?

Comments

• The default NZBget install is behaving strange... . When I change the maindir in the settings and save it, then reload, the reload screen just hangs there:

"Reloading NZBGet

Stopping all activities and reloading..."

When I edit the /opt/nzbget/nzbget.conf file, I see the maindir is updated. But when I stop and start the NZBget process, and the program is relaunched, the old maindir is what is showing in the Web interface. But the correct info is stored in the conf file.

So, in other words, the conf file as defined "ExecStart=/opt/nzbget/nzbget -c /opt/nzbget/nzbget.conf -D" is not loaded. Owner is openflixr:openflixr 0644.

What am I missing ?

• edited March 23

I see you fixed the permission issue with NZBget in 2.9.1. Great ! NZBget starts without any errors.

So back to the initial 3 services that were not starting.

1-Sonarr is still not running -> need to figure out what is going on, where to look ?

2-Redit had a problem but managed to fix it. Maybe others have the same issue, so here is my fix that I found on the internet (and maybe this can be fixed in the setup script??).

in OpenFLIXR i got : redis Execution failed | Does not exist

Error reported by redis (on /var/log/redis/redis-server.log): 

# Creating Server TCP listening socket ::1:6379: bind: Cannot assign requested address

This is because I've disabled IPv6 on this host and redis-server package (version 5:4.0.9-1) for Ubuntu comes with: 

bind 127.0.0.1 ::1

Editing /etc/redis/redis.conf and commenting the line, or removing the ::1 address solves the problem. Example: 

# bind 127.0.0.1 ::1

3-Ubooquity Connection failed | Execution failed -> still need to figure this out.

• Ubooquity Connection failed | Execution failed fixed it self 5 minutes past midnight, server has been running for over one hour.

Now only Sonarr is not starting. Please your advice.

• Posted the syslog on discord. Any hope on getting sonarr up and running?

• Thank you @openflixr for your superb support. All stable and up and running. Jackett dropped out once. Monit couldn't revive it, so 'I had to turn to Webmin / boot and startup, and start the process from there.

• I have the exact same problem with Sonarr, but have not solved it.

Any chance you could share how you solved it.

• Same...not sure where the updates are coming from but they cannot be seen in this forum. Please share?

• @micwed and @drsparks : Sonarr issue is probably due to how it retrieves Sonarr. Assuming you've completed the setup at least once, try running the setup script, select "Configuration" from the menu, then select "Various Fixes" and see if that resolves it.