Join us on Discord! We now have an official Discord server for OpenFLIXR: https://discord.gg/PcCErTQ , these forums will continue to operate as normal.

Disable unwanted Applications/programs

Hi there everyone.

I just discovered this amazing project and I like it pretty much. However, I don't need all the applications that are provided with this installation.

If I disable and stop the services I don't want - like lidarr, nzbget, lazylibrerian etc they just start right back up again after a few minutes.

there must be some kind of script making sure these processes are running all the time? Where is this script located?

Comments

• Yes, Monit is restarting them.  You'll find the Monit web GUI link under the Other apps in HTPC.

You'll find that some apps also get started by the update script, once you have the majority of them sorted in Monit, hit me up I'll share my script for ensuring they stay stopped during the update script too.
  • alright in the monit gui now looking aroud.

regards the the update script ive just commented out every line that has to do with the update of the programs that i dont use. Dont quite remember where the path is for that script anymore...
  • jeremywho said:
    Yes, Monit is restarting them.  You'll find the Monit web GUI link under the Other apps in HTPC.

You'll find that some apps also get started by the update script, once you have the majority of them sorted in Monit, hit me up I'll share my script for ensuring they stay stopped during the update script too.
    so this is what i figures out. I stopped unneccesary services with "monit unmonitor <name> " and then disabled them in webmin, under "bootup and shutdown".

Then i took a look at the openflixr.service systemd service and found the path for the startup script that started other scripts like this: startup.sh -> Updateof.sh -> userscript.sh
    i guess a cronjob runs the updatewkly.sh script.

Added my my updateof.sh file as txt.