Join us on Discord! We now have an official Discord server for OpenFLIXR: https://discord.gg/PcCErTQ , these forums will continue to operate as normal.

Ombi module for HTPC

Hey folks, has anyone coded up a custom HTPC module for Ombi v3?

I see Ombi has an API interface so could have it's own top-bar section and custom/themed module page, with functionality pretty similar to the CouchPotato "Movies" page - search/request new content, approving or rejecting requests, forcing refreshes of Plex/Emby content, could even go as far as checking and responding to issues.  The request API call itself has filtering options to tie in with the HTPC global filter field...

If anyone has done (or even just started a basic framework) for this, I'd be keen to get a copy of the files, and collaborate on extending features and merging it into the master HTPC code base on Github so that everyone can benefit..?

Comments

• OK lets try a different question

If I code up full HTPC integration for the Ombi "request" system, would anyone use it?
  • yeah i would use it, if it works good :-)
  • I would use it for sure! 
  • I would too!
  • Slowly making progress (excuse the theme, it's so I don't confuse my dev environment with my prod one!)

• I'm not that good at coding stuff, have never worked with python before, so progress is slow.  I have little/no idea how I'm going to handle things like confirming root folder and quality when approving a request for radarr but it's been heaps of fun getting this far!

I really want to expand the table lines to use the poster images, but I also want to keep it lean and usable especially via mobile-sized screens (for those of us that don't have HTPC open all the time) so we can easily react to a "new request" notification on phones quickly and easily.
  • Great stuff Jeremy!
  • Sorry my coding is so slow guys.  But I'm getting closer:
    • Movies: Suggestions, Search, 'Similar', and Request features all working for Movies
    • Movies: Requests page framework in place
    • Common: Plex and Emby sync functions
    To-do for first release:
    • Add (i) hover with plot summary
    • Movies: Finish Requests page with Approve/Deny/Remove functions
    • TV Shows: Create using Movies pages as base, fix-up equivalent functions
    • (TV features may be somewhat reduced - Request feature for TV content is complex!)
    • Common: Re-work framework to use a 2-stage loading process to get richer information, get more accurate 'Available' status (apparently this is how Ombi itself works too)
    • Common: Code clean-up

• i would use it as well.
  • more pressure! lol
  • I have a design problem and I'd like some input into how best to fix it.
    As per screenshot below, the action buttons for the Requests page has (at least) four buttons. The original Ombi interface has 6 but for now I'm going to ignore the 'root folder' and 'quality' options.
    My problem is, my buttons have no labels - they do have hints that appear when you hover your mouse over, but that's not possible when using a touchscreen/mobile device without actually activating the button.

So question is, how would you like to see the 4 (or more) actions?
    I think it's important that it's usable in a mobile format.
    Options that occur to me:
    1. Use a drop-down action list and a 'Go' button instead of action buttons
    2. Stack the buttons vertically and have the row be a variable height based on the number of buttons. That will leave a lot of spare screen space under the title/status etc.
    3. The same as above but use text links instead of buttons (ie uses less height overall)
    4. Make each row double-height and have the buttons spread out along underneath the movie title
    5. A 'menu' button instead that pops out a little action menu showing the 4 actions
    6. A 'menu' button that pops out a big movie summary, with poster, plot summary, and all relevant action buttons
    #6 sounds flash but I have no idea how to do it lol. I'd probably just borrow code from the Couchpotato module and make it fit, but I have issues with the CP module always making the text unreadable.

Screenshot:

• #5 if you can. would make things look cleaner, faster scrolling and only show the buttons when i want to select an option. If you can get that working i think its the cleanest option.
  • I'm not happy enough to call it "working" so I won't be raising a pull request to the original repo yet. None of the buttons on the Requests page actually work and there's no TV components yet.

If you're keen to run it as is, then you can change your HTPC repo to my dev branch which would then stay up to date as I work through it. Maybe even help me out a bit with testing and coding?

My repo is https://github.com/jeremysherriff/HTPC-Manager/tree/master3?files=1 (use the master3 branch)
  • edited August 2018
    Not sure how well this screenshot will come out as it's a compilation of screenshots in a Word doc and then screenshot again :smiley:

I'm getting closer, the Movies content pages are fully functional!
    See above post if you want to actually run this on your setup.
    I do need testers, ideally someone who has dozens if not hundreds of requests, as I have questions over performance with bigger table loads.
    • Movies: Suggestions, Search, 'Similar', and Request features all working for Movies
    • Movies: Requests page functions all complete: Approve, Deny, Remove, Mark Available/Unavailable
    • The Filter box filters on all Ombi fields (dates, statuses, requesters as well as titles)
    • Common: Plex and Emby sync functions. Grays-out Emby or Plex sync options if they're not configured in Ombi.
    • (i) hover with plot summary
    • Mobile views all work, column sizing re-flows down pretty good.  That is why the release-date/status and request-date/requester columns have been merged (disclaimer: breaks descending-order table sorts for those columns)
    Still to-do for first release:
    • TV Shows: Create using Movies pages as base, fix-up equivalent functions
    • (TV features may be somewhat reduced - Request feature for TV content is complex!)
    • Delay table content load until the tab is clicked, or add a easy refresh button that maintains table-sort order for each tab
    Longer-term plans:
    • Add Lidarr/music content support (it's in development in Ombi right now)
    • Figure out a way to re-enable descending-order sorts on the merged date/text columns
    • Re-work table framework to use a 2-stage loading process to get richer information, get more accurate 'Available' status (apparently this is how Ombi itself works too) (big performance drop though, hence Ombi's orange progress line at top of page)

• @m1e1w1 @willis @sunsailer
    I need some input on how to structure the TV requests information.
    If you've got a minute, head over to https://github.com/jeremysherriff/HTPC-Manager/issues/8 and give me your thoughts?
  • FYI my pull request on the HTPC project github got knocked back. I'm still working on polishing the visual side of things, and will be sorting out the coding problems this week to try and get something into the mainstream release for next weekend's weekly Openflixr update.
  • Code clean-up for this has been completed, hopefully the pull request will now be accepted.