We're trying out using Discord. Check the thread for the link. These forums will continue to operate as normal.

Web Wizard - Disabled until next release

Gentlemen, because my time is limited (but extremely focused currently) and OpenFLIXR is still a one man show, I had to disable the Web Wizard until the next release (of the Web Wizard to be clear) because right now I'm working on OpenFLIXR 2.4 (release this Sunday) with all remaining known bugs fixed (I think) and some new features.

But, the Web Wizard is not lined up with the current features and versions and unfortunately it'll break more and causing problems than fix things.

I'm doing my best to fix the Web Wizard as soon as possible and will execute the same strategy by releasing incremental fixes more often.

Comments

• Made progress the past couple of days. Working towards a release next weekend. 
  • Still going strong but there’s a heat wave going on the past couple of weeks so my mind is not working as fast as usual but it seems tomorrow will be the last day of extreme temperatures (36 degrees Celsius!) 
  • same situation for me, hard to work when your sweat drop at the tip of your nose over the keyboard ^^
  • It's almost bloody impossible to keep your mind straight in this heat.
  • Any ETA?
  • Hello mediajunkie,
    I just came along your great package and was happy to try it out. Is there a way to try out an older version which is working until the next release? I just want to see if it is working for me. Thanks in advance for this great piece of software package to help everyone out who is not able to configure everything by himself.

Greetings and I wish you a few refreshing days with lower temperatures :-)
    DocZito
  • edited August 2018
    I don’t have an ETA but I’m working towards a 2.7 release which will be a big release with everything tuned and coordinated between each other. 
    Working on a lot of stuff currently and trying to figure out some difficult stuff. 
    Im not sure everybody understands it’s just me myself and I and it’s not just the time I need to code, I need to figure stuff out how to make it all work. 

I expect however it won’t take all of August to release everything I’ve got  :)

Sneak peak

• Looking flash. With a bit of luck I'll have an Ombi module for HTPC by then too. I have a basic list of requests and status, just working through all the formatting stuff and hoping to add <approve/decline> functions. Then I'll look at the search/request features.

Sneak peak:

• does this mean I can't install openflixr until the wizard is reenabled?  if not, what are the setup steps?  thanks
  • Oh man i just found openflixr and last night i was playing with it. Today i cant reinstall lol. Wizard is disabled? Oo Is there another way to install openflixr?
  • Unfortunately the only way is to DIY until the next update.  If I had a Mock version of the wizard... or if it didn't save anything until the last step and that was disabled I could at least try to backwards engineer each step... But until then I will patiently wait in anticipation.
  • Is there an older Hyper-V (or other) VM with a working Wizard so I can get a working install configured?  Then I could just upgrade from there.  The would at lease get me online.
  • Not really? I don't think the images have been updated so you can try, but step 1 is "run the updater" so probably breaks it anyway.
  • edited August 2018
    I can definitely say that doing updates breaks the entire server, I've tried it 3 times doing little updates here and there, but there are like 400someodd updates and once you run them nothing works.  LOL Looking forward to the updated version.

Edited - By digging around I did..
    1. SSH onto the openflixr box or get onto the VM's console
    2. Once logged in, become root ("sudo su -")
    3. cd /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/
    4. check out the files in there, there might be one, or one symlink, or several. Mine was called "reverse". If you've monkeyed around in here before, you'll know which file to edit. If not, then edit the file called "reverse".
    5. Scroll down about a page to the entries that start "listen"
    6. Comment out the 2nd line that says "listen 443 ssl https2" by inserting a "#" at the beginning of it
    7. Save and exit
    8. start nginx ("/etc/init.d/nginx start" or "systemctl start nginx"
    and got it working

• Sweet so it was nginx that breaks - of course, the ssl directive gets enforced!  Nice work.
  • Yes, it's something I'm working on right now. SSL stuff will be put in a separate config file.
  • @mediajunkie
    I discovered OpenFLIXR a few weeks ago and I'm anxious and excited to use it. But I'm waiting for the next release with a web wizard. Is there an update on the progress? An ETA? I would love to replace my media server setup with OpenFLIXR's and become a proponent and supporter of it if it runs well. Thanks in advance. I hope all is well.
  • Hi

Does this mean new installs won't work for the time being? I have installed this today onto ESXi and it seems I can't do the initial config?
  • is it possible to make it so that the updateopenflixr script automatically answers the questions based on how it should instead of waiting for user input? I downloaded the ova image from the website, and running it on mac os as the hypervisor, but the initial setup page is greyed out. I'm trying to update it now, but the update script breaks the setup page.  any suggestions?
  • edited September 2018
    Your comments about asking questions, doesn't make any sense.
    Can you start a new thread for that specifically (not the nginx issue) and post screenshots or text snips?
  • Hi,
    I just got a new pc and would like to use this software does anyone have a ETA on the new release or know how to install it without the wizard?
    Thanks
  • When will 2.7 be available? I have been using OpenFlixr about a year ago, and recently started with a new project in which i wanna use it again. But can't seem to get HTTPS to work <span>:blush:</span> (now running 2.5.1-ish?) , most likely something on my side. But the /setup would be a nice guideline 

• Ok Just found this and bummer ….I can't setup. I have always made my own total media setup step by step but this was premade. Any Idea when the new version will be released
  • edited October 2018
    No, but if you know what you're doing then the setup wizard will not be a barrier

Edit: Have a look at http://www.openflixr.com/forum/discussion/540/updateopenflixr-breaks-entire-setup
  • A package selection as part of the installation wizard will be great !
    theres is a lot of services/apps running that at least in my case I dont use and is consuming ram/cpu and it will be of great help if i can choose what to install/run as part of the installation process. Beside that Openflixr is gold

Thanks !
  • R3nierjvr said:
    Ok Just found this and bummer ….I can't setup. I have always made my own total media setup step by step but this was premade. Any Idea when the new version will be released
    if you inspect the webpage and remove the htlm tag disable="" you can continue the setup. testing more on this now as to weather or not it actually works
  • bjowol said:
    R3nierjvr said:
    Ok Just found this and bummer ….I can't setup. I have always made my own total media setup step by step but this was premade. Any Idea when the new version will be released
    if you inspect the webpage and remove the htlm tag disable="" you can continue the setup. testing more on this now as to weather or not it actually works
    didnt do ****.