We're trying out using Discord. Check the thread for the link. These forums will continue to operate as normal.

"Unable to lock the administration..." while updating

I downloaded the most recent versione of openflixr but, after mounting everything, I cannot continue the setup because the button is greyed out with the message "disabled until next release".
Then if I try to update with "sudo updateopenflixr" on a fresh install it get stuck in a cycle with the message "unable to lock the administration directory  (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?"
Can somebody help?
    No results for this poll

Comments

• @mediajunkie this might be one for you. Fresh install having issues.

Maybe a direct link to a slightly older build might be in order while the wizard is broken?

• This should be fixed with 2.5.1, but "unable to lock the administration directory  (/var/lib/dpkg/)" is also a valid message when the system is updating while my update is trying to access apt, but it will wait till it's released. 
  • For some reason after following the steps in this thread: 
     http://www.openflixr.com/forum/discussion/comment/1592/#Comment_1592
    The "unable to lock...." update loop stopped.
  • I’m investigating. 
  • Found the bug, fixed in OpenFLIXR 2.7
  • edited October 2018
    Hello! Slightly off-topic, but is there an ETA for the Openflixr v2.7 ? I know it is a one-man show and it takes a lot of work, but just a ballpark would be great. Thank you for this awesome collection of tools!
  • Sorry I got nothing -@mediajunkie has been offline for a while now and I've got no update to give at all.
    I don't have access to any of the actual code or repositories so I can't assist.