Join us on Discord! We now have an official Discord server for OpenFLIXR: https://discord.gg/PcCErTQ , these forums will continue to operate as normal.

Unable to Import VM

Hello,

I am currently in the process of trying to install OpenFLIXR and once I've got the VM (Hyper-V) downloaded, when I launch Hyper-V and try to import the image, the browser can't find the VM (I have it in the appropriate folder, it's just that the VM doesn't actually show up).  If I try and launch the VM directly it says "The target file is not a valid exported virtual machine".  Any help with this would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Comments

• Assuming the VHD (VHDX?) hard drive file is intact and uncorrupted, just make a new VM and add the existing Hard Disk file. 2 CPUs and 4GB RAM will do to start with, you may need much less or more depending on your setup.
  • Good Afternoon,

I am having the exact same issue. I am trying to create a VM and have tried both ESXi 6.7 VMware and Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V and when I try to select the .iso to setup Open FLIXR, I cannot select either veriosn I downloaded and extracted. Sorry if I am an idiot but, could someone point me in the right direct?

• edited June 27

I finally stumbled across my answer.

1.) For ESXi VMWare 6.7 goto Create/Register VM.

2.) Select "Deploy a virtual machine from OVF or OVA file".

3.) Give it a name and drag and drop the OpenFLIXR2.0VMware_VirtualBox.ova file into the box.

4.) continue on with the rest of setting up the VM.

Sorry if this is very basic but, am very new to setting up VM's and completely missed this step.

Thank you,