Join us on Discord! We now have an official Discord server for OpenFLIXR: https://discord.gg/PcCErTQ , these forums will continue to operate as normal.

[SOLVED] "error while loading shared libraries: **** invalid ELF header"

edited March 10 in Hypervisors
Hi,

I've just downloaded the 2.0 unRAID/KVM image and I get this message all over the place when I log in and try to run anything in the shell (eg: mc) during setup to manage my mounts...etc. The setup does complete afterwards but then I end up with a lot of empty pages (possibly caused by something else) so before figuring that out I wanted to get the system run correctly first.

I suspect this is an architecture issue with my VM so I posted it under "Hypervisors".

Host:
Xeon E5 2670x2, Sandy Bridge, 64GB memory - nothing special or new

VM:
  - Chipset: 440FX (tried Q35 too)
  - BIOS mode
  - CPU: 1 core 8 threads vcpu, tried a variety of different generations (matching and not matching my host)
  - Other: virtio net/disk (seems ok)

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks,
Andras

Comments

• Sorry, I forgot to add some important details:

Host OS: Linux mint XFCE 18.3 running 4.13-06-generic
    Hypervisor: QEMU/KVM + virt-manager (using the GUI or not)
  • edited January 25
    When creating a VM in unraid's VM (yes KVM), it is best to check SeaBios at initial setup. 
    RUnning Unraid on a Xeon w/ 16 ECC RAM, it's easiest to preselect ubuntu and then switch to seaBios and etc

Don't want to necro a thread, just hope it helps for searching purposes, ymmv
  • Any other ideas on this?

I have done a clean setup of Openflixr as ESXi VM. I switched the NIC to VMXNET3, but left everything else at default values (VM HW11 / Ubuntu 64-bit is the default configuration).

Right after deployment everything works. Then after doing the first update via "sudo updateopenflixr" I get this error message ("error while loading shared libraries: **** invalid ELF header") as well. Tested with "vi" before and after update.

Running on a Xeon E3-1220 (v1) with ESXi 6.7 U1.
  • It's something to do with a broken library, not hardware. I've had it before too, and I can't remember the steps to fix it. There's a thread here somewhere (one of the pinned ones) about a setup doc - check through that I remember putting something out vi in there
  • jeremywho said:
    It's something to do with a broken library, not hardware. I've had it before too, and I can't remember the steps to fix it. There's a thread here somewhere (one of the pinned ones) about a setup doc - check through that I remember putting something out vi in there

Ah, found it. Thanks a bunch. I read "obsolete" and didn't check out your great doc.

This is what was needed to fix vi:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgpm2

Now to read the rest of the document :-)

• I'll force reinstalling libgpm2 in 2.9 just to be sure.